Our Civil Engineers create and maintain the essential infrastructure that supports the whole of London’s transport network, including London Underground, DLR and our strategic road network.
The role of a Civil Engineering Apprentice is critical in supporting works to ensure the ongoing reliability and safety of London’s world class transport infrastructure.
What will I be doing?
The work you’ll be doing on this scheme means helping to ease congestion and open up new connections between communities as an area is regenerated.
You’ll be working with many different people affected by the project, as well as our own team and suppliers.
This could include meeting with groups from the community to help ensure our neighbours understand what we are doing and how the project will benefit London.
Where can this career take me?
You could progress into could progress into roles such as:
- Engineering Technician
- Assistant Engineer
- Works Inspector
- Assistant Project Manager
- Assistant Operations Officer
Or, you could choose to progress onto our Level 6 Civil Engineering apprenticeship which would allow you to gain your degree.
Either way, this could lead to further career development opportunities in our Engineering, Operations and Project Delivery teams.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s A*-C or Grade 4 and above including Maths and English Language (or equivalent)
- You must be 18 years of age by 1st September 2019 to be eligible for this scheme.
We’re looking for people who are:
- Highly motivated
- Logical thinkers who are willing to learn
- Results driven, resilient and adaptable