Costain's purpose is to improve people’s lives by delivering integrated leading edge smart infrastructure solutions to meet national needs across the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets.
We are looking for a Civil Engineering Technician who would like to work towards achieving a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Civil Engineering.
You will be required to attend college one day a week and report to the office for the remaining four days a week. This may change depending on the nature of the training provision made with the college/ training provider. You will be advised of this on joining.
For this role, Civil Engineering apprentices (whilst at the office) provide technical support to civil engineers who design, build and manage engineering projects
- Production of CAD drawings, and developing design skills
- Generation of 3D ground models and cross sections
- Use and generation of routines to automate generation of designs and drawings
- Preparation of calculations to support design development
- Supporting the administration & delivery of projects
- Ensuring design outputs meet the required quality and standards
- Meeting agreed deadlines
- Working as an integral member of a design delivery team
- Contribution and provision of innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Working both in an office environment and on site
This apprenticeship is suitable for someone looking for a career in: Civil Engineering, BIM Management or Digital Design. There is the opportunity to go onto further study to enable you to achieve Chartered Engineer status.
- Minimum 5 passes at GCSE that preferably include mathematics (at preferred Grade ‘B'/‘6' or higher), English (preferred Grade ‘C'/‘4' or higher) and science/ technology related subject (at preferred Grade ‘B'/‘6' or higher).