Baker Hicks has recently secured a 5 year renewal of a Managed Service contract to provide services in support of a major Defence Contractors Configuration Management function. Based on the clients sites, we provide support to Document Management & Administration / CAD / BIM / Surveying / Tooling with a team of approximately 60 people. For reasons of sustainability of service and a part of our succession planning, we have identified the need for a Service Trainee.
Complete a 1 to 2 year traineeship through the rotation of placements within the Managed Service, currently including Office Administration, Document Control & Management, CAD (Built Environment), PPE (Process, Plant & Equipment CAD), BIM (Building Information Modelling), Surveying (Land & Building) and support to Tooling Design, before selecting a specialism to develop as part of the team.
- Gain experience in all of the service departments before specialising in a specific service department
- Work as part of a team in the delivery of the service to achieve agreed service level Indicators
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure accurate configuration management of deliverables
- Strive to continuously improve the efficiency and delivery of the service
The role will entail spending a period of time (3-6 months) in each of the relevant departments / functions forming the service before identifying and jointly selecting (with Service Management Team) a specialism. During the rotation of placements within the service the variety and breadth of tasks / activities will include;
- Support the CAD, Survey & Document Control teams in day to day administration activities, for example scheduling meetings, booking rooms or resources, producing and distribution of meeting minutes, de-framing of drawings for issue, scanning of mark-up prints, loading of drawings into document management system.
- Printing and plotting of drawings and preparation of drawing packs for issue
- Assist with the production and collation of monthly service delivery reports
- Filing of office paperwork (hard copy / electronic)
- Collect and deliver post to and from the post room
- Answer phones and take messages for team members whilst they are away from the office
- Publish of new Record Drawings via customer corporate Intranet
- Assist with the preparation of material for training or communication events
- Archive documentation
- Assist with the preparation of supporting documentation to accompany quotations
- Working with the team to continually improve the service, its delivery by means of best practice, new techniques and initiatives to drive improvement and efficiency
- Assist with consumable ordering as and when required
- Assist in carrying out land, measured building, laser scanning and underground utility surveys.
- Support survey team on a day to day basis on a variety of surveys.
- Prepare project files for survey team
- Providing support to the CAD teams for administrative tasks
- Update/amend CAD Drawings using appropriate software (training will be given).
- Provide support to the Tooling Team in the creation of Work Authorisation Documents
- Provide support to the BIM teams and assist with the upkeep of standards and procedures
- Good standard of education at GCSE level or above (or equivalent) with grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Preferably an ICT/IT qualification