With a team of forward-thinking chartered surveyors, town planners, architects, business consultants, heritage consultants and engineers, we offer all your property-related services under one roof. By working together, we deliver results.
Whether our clients are from the commercial, residential or rural sectors, drawing on experience across all areas allows us to see the full picture. With a clear understanding of the challenges our clients face, and attention to detail that we apply to every aspect of a project, we can find solutions that maximise the potential of your land, property and business, from outset to completion.
With six offices across the UK and a strong reputation both locally and regionally of providing high quality professional advice, we are dedicated to helping our clients navigate the ever-changing landscape of property.
We are expanding our Shrewsbury office and we are looking for somebody to provide administrative support to our existing team of 4 business support specialists. Our clients are typically a mix of private clients, developers, householders, farmers and landed Estates.
About the Business Support Assistant/Apprentice Role
The role is working alongside the existing business support team in the delivery of their work. The focus will be on handling everyday requests for support and prioritising urgent or essential tasks and to deliver these efficiently under direction. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm for helping others and a willingness to learn from those around them. They will be good at taking instructions and will have no qualms about asking questions.
Duties for the Business Support Assistant/Apprentice will include:
• Answering incoming phone calls, and passing on messages to the appropriate team member
• Setting up projects on our CRM system
• Providing reception cover which will include meet and greet with clients and answering calls
• Assisting the administration team with organising meetings and co-ordinating diaries
• Preparing and sending invoices
• Updating and amending documents
• Assisting with the arrangement of marketing events
• Drafting letters and emails
• Assisting in collating project data
• Assisting with client meetings
A good telephone manner and working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required, as is the ability to uphold standards whilst multi-tasking.
Requirements of the Business Support Assistant/Apprentice
Berrys is very much a client-facing business, so we are looking for somebody who enjoys helping others and who understands and acts swiftly on instructions.
Specific requirements are:
• Excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail
• Good written English and problem-solving abilities
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Patient and calming manner, whether helping colleagues or clients
• Ability to work flexibly and in a professional way
Benefits of the Business Support Assistant/Apprentice
The role sits within a friendly and supportive team where you will have opportunities to develop your administrative and business support skills.
Berrys support career development and the right candidate will have the opportunity to attend an appropriate college course or achieve a Business and Administration (or similar) apprenticeship if required. When it comes to commitment, we would expect the individual to work diligently and to show dedication to any learning programme they may be a part of.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, to be worked flexibly Monday-Friday.
The role sits within a friendly and supportive team with opportunities to develop.
- We will offer an excellent salary for the right candidate reflective of your skills, qualifications and experience
- We will pay all the appropriate professional memberships and fund your attendance at relevant CPD events and time off for approved training
- We provide Private Healthcare scheme for all
- We have an Employee Assistance Programme, including a health plan and annual flu jab
- We have an agile working philosophy allowing for a mix of remote and office working
- We provide an entitlement of 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata to working hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- We also give an additional day of holiday for every 3 years of service
- Potential for discretionary bonus
- We provide an enhanced workplace pension scheme operated through The National Employment Savings Trust (NEST)
- Following successful probation period, access to employee loan and employee discount on Berrys services
- We offer salary sacrifice schemes for Electric Vehicles and Cycle to Work schemes
Closing Date: 27/02/2024
Please note that we may close this role early, if sufficient applications are received, therefore it is recommended to apply early if you match the criteria.