We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Business Administrator Apprentice role at Treethorpe.
This is an entry level role for a junior member of staff meeting the criteria for an Apprenticeship scheme. This role will focus provide support in quality assurance (QA) and operational activities, as well as tangible support across the company for revenue generating and business development activities.
Treethorpe are leaders in the field of asset reunification. We specialise in tracing legitimate owners, heirs or beneficiaries of forgotten and unclaimed assets/estates and reuniting them with those entitlements. If you are a private individual, we can help find unclaimed assets to which you are entitled, by helping you to trace them and through our processes, claim them.
Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English. Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Location: near Canary Wharf station and South Quay DLR, London.
Full job description (including responsibilities)
- Every year, all over the world, valuable assets such as shares, pensions, life policies and dormant bank accounts get lost, forgotten or abandoned and go unclaimed.
- Treethorpe is a specialist asset reunification service that enables individuals to be reunited with these lost assets.
Duties of the Admin Apprentice:
- To assist with the delivery of operational business objectives such as publishing policies & procedures, working towards professional accreditations and preparations for incoming legislation.
- To support colleagues administratively through participating with in-bound telephone response, outgoing post, scanning, managing stationery and other ad-hoc clerical office requirements.
- Handle incoming telephone calls- Undertake photocopying, faxing, scanning, filing, distribution of incoming mail, and other clerical support as required by the team and for self
- Effectively manage a portfolio of own cases as assigned with a view to recovering unclaimed estates or assets and reuniting them with entitled beneficiaries to achieve the minimum revenue expectation of the role
- Assessment of Client call interaction
- Help devise sampling procedures and execution for recording and reporting quality data
- Develop and draft reports to communicate QA outcomes – at individual and company level
- Assist in the creation/maintenance of key database spreadsheets i.e. asset valuations, new TCAS cases and any other as required.
Hours: 9 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Future prospects and training
A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role.
- Business Administration Advanced Standard.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness, grit.
- Professionalism – Behaves in a professional manner: shows good personal presentation, respectful and encouraging of diversity, punctual and demonstrates a positive attitude to colleagues, customers and key stakeholders
- Personal qualities: Shows the exemplary qualities that are valued in the company including; integrity, reliability, self-motivation, effective time management, attention to detail, a positive attitude, being proactive and being ‘client focussed’ (i.e. keeps the interests of the customer at the forefront of their mind)
- Managing performance: Takes responsibility for own work, accepts feedback positively, uses initiative and shows resilience
- Adaptability: Is able to accept and deal with changing priorities related to both their work and the organisation