We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Business Admin Apprentice role at One Degree Academy.
Do you want to move your career forward in an environment which nurtures talent and has huge scope for career progression? We are seeking to an apprentice to help develop with our new academy. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to help shape One Degree Academy from its beginnings and to be part of something profound and special.
One Degree Academy are a committed group of leaders in education and business determined to transform learning for disadvantaged young people in London. For six years they have been leading the One Degree mentoring programme, which has doubled GCSE pass rates in English and Mathematics. Their vision is to establish a small, innovative and personalised school, making use of the latest advances in learning technology.
- GCSE Maths and English (grade A*-C) or equivalent.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Location: near Southbury overground station, London.
Successful candidates will have an opportunity to:
- Play a key role in the founding of our new all-through academy.
- Take on leadership roles and responsibilities as we grow.
- Join an organisation and team utterly committed to staff development and growing great staff - step by step.
Full job description (including responsibilities):
- Play a key role in the founding of our new all-through academy;
- Take on leadership roles and responsibilities as we grow;
- Join an organisation and team utterly committed to staff development and growing great staff - step by step;
- Receive weekly instructional coaching and feedback, enabling rounded development as a professional
- To support the reception area and main office of the school, ensuring a high-quality, positive, efficient service is maintained at all times
- To field queries and enquiries related to the school in both face-to-face visitor interactions and through telephone and email communications
- To assist with pupil first aid and welfare, looking after pupils and liaising with parents and other carers
- To provide general clerical assistance to all staff at the school
- To maintain and update paper and electronic records, with an appropriate level of discretion
- To organise the sorting and distribution of post
- To monitor and maintain supplies of administrative resources
- To provide general advice, guidance and direction to pupils, visitors and staff members
- To cover main reception as and when required
- To support in the maintenance of the school website in conjunction with the Chief Operations Officer.
8:30 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays.
Training and future prospects
Business Administration Advanced Standard.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness, grit.
- A higher level apprenticeship available following successful completion of the initial apprenticeship, with WhiteHat.
- ‘Can do’ attitude and willingness to support in all aspects of school life – often going ‘above and beyond’
- Alignment with One Degree’s vision and values and a strong commitment to delivering it
- High expectations of staff, students, and self
- Action orientated, outcomes-focused
- Excellent and adaptable communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Takes personal responsibility for their own actions
- Desired: experience of communicating effectively in a wide variety of forms to a range of audiences