We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Business Admin/Project Manager Apprentice role at HegartyMaths.
We are looking to hire people to join our team to help with admin support and project management. The work/roles will involve many areas of business administration that develop from supporting so many customers and there is an opportunity to adapt and fill out the roles as we continue to expand.
In 2011 HegartyMaths started making YouTube Maths videos to support their own classes with their maths homework and revision. We believe that, often, students just need to hear a maths concept one more time. In class, students find it embarrassing to say they don’t understand something and so having that explanation in a place they can view at home really helps.
- In a few years, they made close to 1,000 videos covering Key Stage 3, GCSE and A-Level Maths. They used the videos in many ways for classes and this included homework, extra revision, and in a flipped learning model that produced their school’s best A-Level and GCSE Maths results. In one year and with a small team they’ve grown to support over 700 schools, 600,000 students and 10,000 teachers.
- Three A-Levels at grades A*-C (or 240 UCAS points) are preferred.
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English,
- You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
HegartyMaths has recently won Company of the Year at the 2018 BETT Awards and they’re looking for motivated individuals with an interest in business administration and project management to join their thriving organisation. They care deeply about the following:
Learning, Empathy, Humility and Agility.
We’re looking for people who believe in their values above and are passionate about making a difference and improving students’ lives through learning.
Location: near Harrow and Wealdstone Station, London.
- Processing and setting up partner school trials
- Liaising with customers via email
- Processing of purchase orders and invoices
- Organising and completing MIS integrations with partner schools
- Document control
- Diary Management
- Petty cash recording
- Other relevant tasks (You will wear many hats and learn many new skills!)
Work 9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
Training and future prospects
Business Administration Advanced Standard fast-track training with WhiteHat.
We’re looking for motivated individuals with an interest in business administration and project management to join our thriving organisation. We care deeply about the following:
- Learning - Our mission is to empower students via learning. We want staff who love learning themselves and thrive in an environment where we invest in our staff to be the best they can be.
- Empathy - We believe that to be a great and impactful organisation you have to deeply care about what you do. Empathy with our students, our schools and with each other ensures we are considerate and good people but also that we solve problems that really matter and are beneficial to our customers.
- Humility - Never thinking you know it all whilst maintaining a strong purposeful vision is the key to being open to improve and learn from people and new situations. We don’t believe we will ever know it all and are humble so we can learn and improve.
- Agility - Just because something works doesn’t mean it’s anywhere near good enough is a phrase we use. We adapt quickly to situations, are ready to apply ourselves to new skill sets and are always prepared to work hard to be better so that we make things to the highest possible standard.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.