The Apprentice will support the Commercial Manager and\\or Contract Negotiators in the basic administration of contracts, subcontracts and/or purchase orders (referred to collectively as “Contracts”). In addition will co-ordinate the execution of UK Acquisition Procedures (UKAP) processes and support monthly/annual compliance audits.
This position offers flexible working arrangements balancing remote/home working with Lockheed Martin office based working with some travel to supplier and customer sites (predominantly UK based) as required.
Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Administer straight forward acquisitions and requisitions:
- Have a basic knowledge\\understanding of the types of Contracts
- Liaison with internal organisations, and suppliers in support of the above at working level
- Organise and maintain contract files
- Ensure timeliness of all contract actions including DCAs, contract summaries and contract close out in a complete and timely manner
- Keep leads, team leads and/or managers appraised of current issues and their mitigation/resolution.
2. Undertake straight forward source selection in support of the above:
- Request For Quotations/Invitation To Tenders
- Supplier identification
- Vetting of responses
- Make recommendations to lead, team lead or manager (as appropriate) in regard to the outcome of the selection process, including identification of any risks or alternatives associated with the selection.
3. Provide assistance to contract administrators as directed in support of the management of complex
4. Required to possess and demonstrate basic analytical and planning skills.
5. The post holder would be expected to work under supervision based on detailed instructions.
6. Reports to either Leads, Team Leads and\\or Manager.
7. Prepares and/or assists in preparation of correspondence, presentations, reports and/or contract summaries.
8. Shall be cognisant of all relevant Lockheed Martin processes:
- Always ensuring that work is delivered in accordance with the correct processes and governance as set out in Lockheed Martin’s Command Media, and maintain accurate filing to support internal audit as required
- Maintain an inquisitive mindset to understand the intent behind Lockheed Martin process and governance and seek opportunities to further improve our ways of working
9. Shall proactively drive their own development, seeking out opportunities to grow their knowledge of the business, the function and their role
10. Shall fully embrace the cultural imperatives and values of the business
11. Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned.
Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) provides systems engineering, software development, training solutions and complex program management for global security, civil and commercial markets. Simply stated, our mission is to be the world’s leading global security and aerospace company. To achieve this mission, RMS draws on its core capabilities in advanced platforms and weapons, C4ISR, global sustainment, training and sensors.
Clearance Required for Role
Required skills, qualifications and experience:
The job requires limited relevant experience, however the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Able to communicate clearly in both written and verbal form
- Able to understand and demonstrate teamworking
- Basic use of IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint
- Good use of collaboration tools including Skype, Slack
- Good time keeping
- Able to organise themselves and maintain good record keeping
- Able to work autonomously when working remotely
- Proactive in their own personal and career development.
The successful candidate will hold A level qualifications or a Level 3 BTEC in Business.