Hayley Group Limited are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to join our well-established and experienced Rail Team based at our Oldbury branch. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary.
Hayley Group is the largest independent distributor of engineering products and consumables in the UK. We are an equal opportunities employer, currently employing over 1,000 people who continue to be a cornerstone of our business and are fundamental to providing industry-leading customer service.
Job Description: Cross-Functional Apprenticeship Scheme
About the role:
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals eager to embark on a comprehensive apprenticeship program covering diverse functions within the Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) sector. This unique opportunity offers hands-on experience across Sales, Customer Service, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Logistics, providing a holistic understanding of the industry.
Working hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
Key responsibilities as our Business Administration Apprentice will include:
1. Sales Exposure Focus:
- Assist in sales operations via telephone and email, understanding client needs, and supporting sales representatives.
- Understanding how to generate quotations and sales orders for customers and the importance of order acknowledgements.
- Learn to develop sales strategies and customer engagement techniques.
- Negotiating best price and lead-time with suppliers obtaining optimum outcome for customer.
2. Customer Service Focus:
- Engage with customers to understand their requirements and provide exceptional service by telephone and email communication.
- Handle enquiries, complaints, and support services to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Liaising with on-site envoys and key account managers to satisfy Vendor Managed Inventory requirements.
- Handle customer tool repairs ensuring they are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Back-to-back management of web orders.
3. Supply Chain & Procurement Focus:
- Gain insight into inventory management, procurement processes, and vendor relations.
- Assist in analysing supply chain data to optimise efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Supporting in investigating and resolving order fulfilment issues.
- Managing Daily Reports and ensuring our critical min/max stock levels are met via our ERP system.
- Developing the ability to negotiate cost prices and identify supporting pricing based on forecasted usage/quantity price breaks etc.
4. Logistics Exposure:
- Participate in logistics coordination, including transportation, warehousing, and distribution.
- To gain an understanding of internal and external couriers used by the department and the scenarios where they are used.
- Learn about inventory tracking, shipment planning, and logistical problem-solving.
5. Finance / Credit Control:
- Manage and resolve accounts receivable queries and discrepancies, whilst liaising with the relevant external accounts payable for resolution.
- Review and analyse payment concerns, working closely with internal departments and customers to identify root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Learn how to generate monthly / periodic billing for key customers such as consolidated invoicing and CPAF invoicing.
6. Business Intelligence:
- Analysing profit and loss for the department as well as accompanying reporting data including KPIs.
- Understanding the pricing management infrastructure in place for the department and the perpetual review which takes place.
- Business reporting and creating customer presentation in preparation for performance reviews and contract renewals.
Skills & Attributes we are looking for in our Business Administration Apprentice:
- GCSE s or equivalent; pursuing or completed relevant education preferred.
- Passion for learning and developing skills across various business functions.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and teamwork abilities.
- Adaptability and a proactive approach to challenges.
- Commitment to the duration of the apprenticeship program.
- Hands-on experience in multiple facets of the MRO industry.
- Mentorship from seasoned professionals in each functional area.
- From 23 days annual leave (plus public/bank holidays) increased with length of service.
- Company pension (if eligible).
- Invitation to healthcare scheme.
- Uniform and PPE provided.
- Opportunities for career advancement within the organisation upon successful completion.
Join us in this dynamic apprenticeship scheme, where you will gain invaluable cross-functional skills and lay the foundation for a successful career in the MRO sector - please click apply now to become our Business Administration Apprentice - we'd like to hear from you!