We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is Business Administrator Apprentice role at Newable.
The Business Admin Apprentice will be reporting to the management and recruitment team, covering a range of duties from communication to receptionist.
Newable is an active and creative supporter of small businesses, working to create jobs, encourage enterprise and equip SMEs with expertise, confidence and resources.
- Three A-Levels at grades A*-C (or 240 UCAS points - old tariff) are preferred.
- GCSE grades C - A* (4 - 9) in Maths and English.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
Location: the nearest station is Barbican underground, London.
- Filtering incoming calls and dealing with requests for information
- Booking of meeting rooms using meeting room software Condecco
- Greeting visitors and escorting them to their meeting rooms
- Setting up meeting rooms with tea and coffee for pre-booked meetings
- Reception cover during lunch time if the receptionist is unavailable
- When covering, duties will include arranging caterers when required, arranging couriers, taxis and signing for deliveries
- Franking all departmental post, sorting and distributing incoming mail in the appropriate departments’ post trays
- Secretarial support as and when required to include filing, typing, photocopying and working for other departments as and when required
- Updating telephone contacts on a monthly basis
- Assist with regular mail-outs, labels, stuffing envelopes and other ad hoc tasks
- Special delivery mail to be taken to the post office when required
- Order printed materials
- Support with central marketing events
- Collate updates for Newable TV
- Put together monthly KPIs.
Working Monday-Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
- Read Ramla’s blog post ”How an apprenticeship at Newable allowed me to dream big”: bit.ly/2p7DcSq
- Read Harriet’s blog post on her apprenticeship journey with Newable: bit.ly/2GllySp
Training and future prospect
Business Administration Advanced Standard fast-track training, with WhiteHat.
- Good Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- Efficient and organised
- Strong telephone manner/skills
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people at different levels
* You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.