We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Project Administrator Apprentice role at Newable.
The apprentice will be reporting to the lending team and working with the Operations & Compliance Manager to create a weekly performance report on the Lending Products.
Newable is an active and creative supporter of small businesses, working to create jobs, encourage enterprise and equip SMEs with expertise, confidence and resources.
- Three A-Levels at grades A*-C (or 240 UCAS points) are preferred.
- GCSE grades C - A* (4 - 9) in Maths and English.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
Location: the nearest station is Barbican underground, London.
Full job description (including responsibilities)
- Responsible for retrieving all post from the sorting room on a daily basis
- Ensuring invoices are scanned and emailed to the MD of Lending for sign off
- Supporting CSM team to track any process amendments and work with Operations & Compliance Manager to ensure processes are updated
- Assist with the organisation of weekly management meetings and prepare and circulate minutes for meetings
- Act as note-taker for all CSM team meetings
- Assist with various other administrative duties as required
- Be responsible for ensuring the Business Exchange in Epsom has enough, up-to-date collateral for our potential customers
- Help keep track of weekly engagement activities in the Business Exchange and analysing what potential leads could be worth pursuing
- Work with the Operations & Compliance Manager to create a weekly performance report on the Lending Products (Newable Business Finance & Lending For Growth)
- Working with Senior Collections & Recoveries Manager to provide monthly reporting on debt performance on the lending portfolio’s
- Assisting where required on accurate updating of collection systems (Sentinel)•Assist with the updating on Collection process & procedure where required.
- Support the Senior Team with ad hoc duties related to this role as required
- Work with colleagues to achieve team objectives
- Attend work at any Newable office in London as requested by the Senior Manager.
Hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Read Ramla’s blog post ”How an apprenticeship at Newable allowed me to dream big”: bit.ly/2p7DcSq
- Read Harriet’s blog post on her apprenticeship journey with Newable: bit.ly/2GllySp
Training and future prospects
Business Administration Advanced Standard (fast-track) training with WhiteHat.A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role. A higher level apprenticeship available following successful completion of the initial apprenticeship, with WhiteHat.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills to establish a supportive relationship with a wide range of people and organisations
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent project support and administrative skills supported by intermediate level MS Office skills.
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Self-motivated and confident.
- Team player able to work on own initiative.
- Good organisational capabilities with the ability to maintain schedules, under pressure when necessary
- Quick learner and detail oriented.
- Positive attitude and committed to high levels of customer service
* You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.