The AirTanker Business Administrator Apprenticeship Scheme meets the criteria for the Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard ‘Business Administrator'. It offers a 13 - 18 month schedule that will provide candidates with key skills, knowledge and behaviours around areas such as Communication, Project Management, IT, Decision Making, Business Fundamentals, Stakeholders and Interpersonal Skills.
This course will be delivered through a combination of:
- Blended training methods including workshops, online resources and one-to-one coaching/mentoring
- Regular work-based reviews to ensure progression and support
This programme will be independently assessed by End Point Assessment comprising:
- An interview based on a portfolio of evidence
- A knowledge test
- The presentation of an Improvement Project
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship candidates will be awarded the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard.
Following successful completion of the Level 3 BA Apprenticeship, apprentices will have the opportunity to apply for a Level 4 Apprenticeship of 18-24 months which will specialise in one of the Business Support Functions included in the Level 3 BA Apprenticeship. Through work based on-the-job training, candidates will develop a more in-depth understanding of the processes and procedures of the chosen function and will have the opportunity to study towards a relevant professional qualification (e.g. APM for Project Management, or SIPS for Procurement etc.)
Purpose of the Role
The AirTanker Business Administrator Apprenticeship is a development role which will provide opportunities for an apprentice to experience the various Business Support functions in AirTanker, including;
- Business Change
- Human Resources
- Ground Operations
- Information Systems & Technologies
- Project Management
- Wellbeing & Inclusion
During the 13- 18 months, the apprentice will spend time in several of these functions, experiencing broad exposure to Business Administration processes and procedures across AirTanker whilst working towards a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship with an approved academic provider.
- GCSE English & Maths at level C/4 or above
- Confident communicator with the ability to articulate views and opinions
- Basic IT literacy with MS Office tools
- Range of extra-curricular activities and interests
- Contribute to Business Intelligence and Business Improvement initiatives
- Conduct basic reviews of commercial terms and condition
- Assist in the compilation of internal and social media communications campaigns
- Support compliance activities across the business
- Assist with facilities planning and activities to help ensure that the work environment is safe and secure
- Be part of the procurement lifecycle, identify suppliers, purchase and release payments for good and services
- Help to manage changes and issues in the information and systems technology team
- Provide support to project & programme management
- Interaction with suppliers, customers and stakeholders
Working with like-minded people, you’ll also find a warm welcome here at the AirTanker community. We have an annual diary of organized events from family days and summer festivals to a social scene that has gone from strength-to-strength as we have grown. AirTanker is about much more than the ‘nine to five’. We will earn your commitment, offering you a unique opportunity to play a crucial part in a pioneering service that is working to deliver unparalleled support to the RAF and UK armed forces.
On top of your basic salary, you’ll receive;
- Health Cash Plan
- Potential for a contribution towards your travel or relocation, dependent upon personal circumstances
- Life Assurance Cover
- Income Protection
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Local Gym Discount
- Plane Saver (Credit Union)
AirTanker is one of the world’s most exciting aviation innovations and we offer a diverse range of roles in our unique environment, based in the heart of the picturesque Cotswolds.
AirTanker was established in 2008 to deliver Voyager, the RAF’s new air-to-air refuelling and air transport aircraft. Working alongside full time RAF personnel and Reservists, we blend the best of civil and military aviation expertise to carry out air-to-air refuelling tasks and fly our armed forces to wherever they are needed in the world.
In 2016 Airtanker also successfully launched into the commercial leasing market and has quickly built a reputation for integrity, professionalism and flexibility amongst our customers.
As we change and grow, we continue to place a major emphasis on the quality of our people. We look to recruit candidates who can demonstrate the same passion, flexibility and motivation that we do. We are a unique and complex airline and are looking for people who will thrive in this environment.
We are proud to invest in our people and wellbeing and to be a diverse and inclusive employer.
Joining AirTanker could be the best decision you make!
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of AirTanker Services are required to be security cleared to SC level. If successful in your application we would support you with the SC process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.