We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Business Administrator Apprentice role at Newable.
The key responsibilities of the Business Admin Apprentice will relate to Communication and Presentation, Administration and assisting with events administration.
Newable is an active and creative supporter of small businesses, working to create jobs, encourage enterprise and equip SMEs with expertise, confidence and resources.
- Three A-Levels at grades A*-C (or 240 UCAS points) are preferred.
- You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
Location: the nearest station is Barbican underground, London.
- Filtering incoming calls and dealing with requests for information
- Booking of meeting rooms using meeting room software Condecco
- Setting up meeting rooms with tea and coffee for pre-booked meetings (if required)
- Liaise with Newable Innovation team and International Trade team
- To act as a support person to the team; to be able to multi-task.
- Maintaining and up-dating accurate documentation
- Design and deliver elements of projects according to targets.
- Undertake other ERDF/ Innovation administrative tasks as requested
- Taking minutes for meetings and preparing agendas
- Support in preparing and compiling claims to funders
- Maintaining and updating project databases
- Filing, organising folders, labelling
- Applying ISO processes
- Supporting with the administration of the procurement processes
- Assist with preparing folders, documents.
- Database: checking forms and signatures
- Monitor and review forms to ensure that records are collected following eligibility criteria.
Hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Training and future prospects
Business Administration Advanced Standard fast-track training, with WhiteHat. A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role.
- Good Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- Efficient and organised
- Strong telephone manner/skills
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people at different levels
- Ability to work on their own initiative
* You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.