As an apprentice with us, you will receive the training and support needed to start a career with a leading infrastructure, buildings, developments and housing group. Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
About this opportunity:
On this apprenticeship you will undertake a Business Administrator level 3programme. Whilst undertaking your academic learning you will also be working alongside our experienced teams to learn hands-on, work-based skills.
Key tasks that you will complete in this role include:
- Utilising various IT packages and systems including MS Office
- Maintenance of records and files in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Effective and appropriate communication using a variety of methods
- Planning and organising room bookings, meeting agendas, travel and accommodation bookings and catering requirements
- Assisting in the administration of financial and commercial activities
What do we expect from you:
Many of the skills you will need to be successful in this role will be developed as part of your training. However, alongside our values there are a few key behaviours that are desirable for this role, and as part of any selection assessment process you may be expected to show us how you demonstrate these behaviours:
- Willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and organised
- Punctual and trustworthy
- Committed and hardworking
- Able to work in a collaborative and enthusiastic manner
What can you expect from us:
You can expect access to ongoing support and guidance, as well as the opportunity to participate in wider Kier initiatives by becoming a Shaping Your World ambassador or a Kier Charity Champion.
You can also join in with our regional Balanced Business Networks, sharing best practice and ideas with colleagues on the best ways to make Kier a more inclusive employer.