We’re SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business and we’re looking for bright thinkers like you. As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, our mission is to drive innovation that protects the environment and enhances the lives of people everywhere.
We’re already solving tomorrow’s energy challenges, developing new technology for Smart Motorways, and through projects like Crossrail, improving life for millions of commuters. On our Graduate Programme, you’ll work on projects that make a difference from your first day!
What we can offer
Do you want to get paid for gaining an advanced apprenticeship qualification with on-the-job mentoring and learning? Do you have a passion for maths? Would you enjoy solving problems and working with some of the best minds in engineering and design? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Atkins as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Administration Apprentice to join the Bristol office.
For this position we are recruiting in to the following business areas – Infrastructure.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas and by solving the engineering challenges of the future. Our apprentice programme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential.
Could you be part of our future?
What you’ll be doing:
Apprentices will work with a variety of teams, join us and you can expect to be involved in a variety of projects to:
• Assist in the production and completion of utility search reports for internal (Atkins) and external clients
• To assist in the production and completion of overview maps using AutoCAD
• Correspondence with clients such as order confirmations and forwarding responses
• Assist with invoicing, quotes and payments when needed
• Checking maps produced by colleagues or utilities, as well as obtaining maps from various GIS systems when required
• Where needed liaise with other teams/clients/utility companies to resolve issues (i.e. missing or wrong plans)
• Monitor in-coming and out-going workload, and inform the Service Delivery Leads/Team Leader of any issues
• General administration, e.g. filing, opening post, scanning, making paper reports and data input
During your 13-15-month apprenticeship, no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Atkins. Doing block release at your local college, you’ll study towards a 3 qualification, advanced apprenticeship in Business Administration. Not only will you learn in the classroom, you’ll enjoy being part of the team as you will get involved with all kinds of projects and learn something new every day.
Who we’re looking for
Enthusiastic, inclusive and committed, you should be curious about the world around you and always want to learn more. To really succeed in the role, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
• 5 GCSEs including a B/6 in Mathematics and a C/4 in English Language
• The ability to work in a team, assisting with the planning, design and smooth running of a variety of projects
• Creativity and strong communication skills
• Vision, inclusive and the drive to keep on learning
• To be reliable, practical and self-motivated
• To Work across different locations on a variety of projects, constantly developing your skills and experience