Job Title:Building Safety Apprentice
Salary:£20,048.08 per annum
Hours:37 hours per week, permanent
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Building Safety Apprentice to join our in-house Compliance and Building Safety Team in Property Plus on a permanent basis.We're looking for a dedicated professional to bring our values to life and ensure our customers receive outstanding services.The RoleAs our Building Safety Apprentice you will contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the department and the successful delivery of professional customer focused services, by providing a responsive and highly supportive administrative and site-based service to the team.You will provide day-to-day support (office and site based) of the delivery of some hard and soft FM services, building management and compliance programmes to assigned buildings within the Housing Plus Group portfolio. You will also ensure that all activities undertaken are carried out to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures.In addition, you will provide support to the Fire Compliance Manager and Building Safety Managers, as required.Initially, the role will be office based at Parker Court, Stafford building towards a hybrid of site inspections and visits alongside the Building Safety Managers and/or Fire Compliance Manager to gain a greater understanding of the overall role of a Building Safety Manager.As part of this apprenticeship, we will support you in working towards the achievement of the NVQ Business Administration Level 3 and Functional Skills qualification whilst gaining valuable skills and business experience.Skills and experience required:
- Willing to work towards a Business Administration apprenticeship.
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Experience of administration and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills including ability to compose clear and accurate letters, reports and emails
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both face-to-face and over the telephone.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle for business use
What we can offer youWe offer a comprehensive induction programme and excellent learning opportunities; with mandatory and specialist training available, we can offer 25 days' holiday (increasing with each year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days), bank holidays and three concessionary days over the Christmas period. We also offer the option to join our contributory pension scheme, access to a dedicated Employee Healthcare Portal, eye care vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.About usWe are one of the largest providers of affordable homes and care in the area, employing almost 1,000 people. Housing Plus Group offers rewarding roles with excellent training and career development pathways delivering services that customers can trust across Staffordshire and Shropshire. Housing Plus Group companies include Care Plus, Property Plus, Homes Plus and County Town Homes.Housing Plus Group values the diversity of its communities and aims to have a workforce that is representative of this. We create inclusive environments for our people and customers where we can be our true authentic selves. We welcome applications from all sections of our community.The Group are proud to offer flexible working opportunities for our people, wherever possible.If you want to be part of an organisation that's determined to make a positive difference to homes, lives and communities, if you want to be proud of what you do, if you are looking for job security and a great career, join Housing Plus Group.How to applyPlease apply online with your CV and a cover letter.Closing date: Monday 4th December 2023 - Interviews may take place throughout the advert.
- We are committed to carrying out safeguarding checks with all our colleagues. These checks may vary according to the role you have applied for, please refer to the job description for this role for details.
- We may close this vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications. Don't delay - apply today to avoid disappointment.
- If you have not received an update within 2 working weeks of submitting your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.