* Area Sales Manager
* Technical Sales Engineer
* British Manufacturer
* Mechanical Components - Rotating Equipment
* £35,000 to £45,000 Basic salary (experience dependent)
* Home Office, Company Car, Pension, Laptop, Mobile Phone, Credit Card and Bonus, on target earning £55,000+
* East Anglia and Essex, Norfolk, and Suffolk
* Home Based could live in Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Kings Lynn, Ipswich, Lowestoft, Bury St Edmunds, Colchester, Southend-On-Sea, Chelmsford, Cambridge, Peterborough
Mercury Hampton is working exclusively with this client.
A world leading manufacturer of rotating equipment and mechanical components for applications throughout numerous industrial sectors including oil & gas, food and Beveridge, mining, process, defence, power, chemical and pharmaceutical. My client has been established for many years and is a global leader in rotating equipment with a multimillion turnover. They manufacture products, systems and solutions that enhance pump efficiency and reliability and significantly reduce maintenance down time and cost.
Reporting directly to the General Sales Manager, the successful candidate will take responsibility of business activities throughout the East Anglia and Essex region - covering Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk, Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Kings Lynn, Ipswich, Lowestoft, Bury St Edmunds, Colchester, Southend-on-Sea, Chelmsford, Cambridge, and Peterborough. This will involve 60% strategic key account management of existing clients, and 40% new business activity. There is a diverse client base in this region, you will be selling and working within a multitude of industrial, process and manufacturing environments. This is technical solution selling, you will need to have a mechanical engineering aptitude, but also an articulate and dynamic salesperson.
This is a home-based role that requires regular customer visits throughout the sales region. We anticipate one day will be spent working from your home office with four days focusing on developing and managing customers. As Technical Sales Engineer you will be expected to report all sales and quotation activity on a monthly basis. You will be supported from a team of internal sales engineers who will assist with any technical back up needed to assist in closing the sale and supporting the customer. We are looking to speak with candidates with strong account management and business development skills and a mechanical engineering brain / experience- realistic earnings £55,000+.
* The successful candidate will have external sales experience from an associated sector i.e., mechanical seals, rotating equipment, pumps, valves etc
* Mechanical Engineering Background
* A strong strategic thinker with exceptional ability to develop relationships, manage key accounts and develop new business
* You will have an eye for upselling / cross selling opportunities
* You will have excellent communication skills and able to communicate and sell to a wide variety of levels.
* A proven track record of business to business sales.
* Dynamic "can do" attitude, and enthusiasm for sales
* An engineering qualification will be advantageous but not essential.
* A mechanical engineering apprenticeship would also be desirable
* Product training will be provided.
Please click on the apply button or contact Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within two working days