Overview What does a Vehicle Damage Assessor (VDA) do?
Our Solus Aviva Vehicle Damage Assessors are able to methodically and accurately inspect and assess all elements of a motor vehicle that has sustained damage and requires repair. Identify which parts of the vehicle should be repaired or replaced, assessing and costing repair of a vehicle producing accurate & detailed repair specifications. A VDA will have an understanding of the manual process of assessing and costing repair of a vehicle, whilst also being able to use the relevant electronic estimating software. They will have knowledge of all types of vehicles including petrol, diesel, electric and hybrid. In their daily work, an employee in this occupation interacts with the customer of the damaged vehicle, insurance company and vehicle technicians to discuss the assessment, damage to the vehicle and how it will be repaired. Responsibilities Who is the Training Provider?
Our training is conducted in partnership with Nottingham College. Training will take place over three years and result in a Level 3 Standard Qualification.
Qualifications Who are we looking for?
- Top quality training methods, materials and resources
- Technical specialists with industry expertise
- Support from a world-leading vehicle repair technology centre
- Excellent pastoral care.
Our programme is designed to be entered at any stage of your post 16 education or career. To become a Solus Aviva Aviva Vehicle Damage Assessor all we ask is that you have a passion for what we do.What will Solus do to support me while I study?
Our programme is designed to give you support in your career journey where you are recognised for your achievements at every step of the way.
What could your future look like? Apply today!
- Winner of the 2022 Best Apprenticeship Scheme Award.
- Solus Automotive Industry Away Days
- Internal and external awards and recognition.
- Placed on a predefined progression plan over the course of your career with salary increases.
- On site mentor
- Access to the latest manufacturer training and technical specialists in the country