Castle Donington, Derby
Established in 2010, Medstrom has developed a strong reputation for providing a reliable, dedicated and trusted service to our partners, across the UK and Ireland. As such, we are strong believers in wellbeing, personal development and feeling valued and appreciated whilst you are at work.
As an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) we have independence in the market, which is unlike any other company in the industry and, through continued growth, we can offer great opportunities for you to develop with our business, which we call the Medstrom family .
We are looking for a keen and hardworking Apprentice Upholsterer to join us at our Logistics hub in Castle Donington, Leicestershire/ Derbyshire.
- Apprentice starting salary of £15,000
- Annual bonus potential
- Contributory pension scheme
- 33 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Discounts and cashback on shopping, supermarkets, and holidays as part of our rewards scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes including Cycle to Work
- Great training, support and mentorship
- Receive a treat on your birthday
- Be a part of an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) and the associated benefits of having a stake in the company
You will be based within the Logistics centre, working with the qualified Upholsterer, learning all aspects of the job role.
You will support with:
- Providing upholstery support to the wider business and our customers
- Carrying out repairs and refurbishments of chairs and furniture for the NHS and private sectors
- Order and manage material stock and spare parts
- Determine the root cause of failures and implement corrective action
- Ensuring high quality work is completed at all times
- Ensure timescales and deadlines are met to meet customer needs
- Make sure your work area is clean and tidy
You will be enrolled on the Level 3 Advanced Upholsterer Apprenticeship with a local training provider on a day release basis.
Hours of work: 37.5 per week Monday - Friday
To join us as an Apprentice Upholsterer, we are looking for;
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above (grade C or above) in Maths and English
- The ability to work under own initiative and follow procedures to achieve deadlines
- Good communications skills to deal with people from all areas of the business
- Drive, patience and the ability to cope under pressure
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Practical methodical person
- Desirable: full driving licence
Webrecruit and Medstrom are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.