We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is Software Engineer Apprentice role at Holition Augment Retail.
We are looking for someone with a passion to learn how to build robust, efficient, innovative applications. You will consider the user experience, performance, and code maintainability all at the same time.
Holition is an interdisciplinary and collaborative, human-centered design-first agency that specialises in digital storytelling, augmented reality, luxury and beauty retail, and experiential design. As such we are tech agnostic and build whatever we need in-house using whatever software/hardware as necessary, or none at all.
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English.
- GCSE Mathematics grade C-A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- GCSE English (Literature or Language) grade C- A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill, You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Location: near Chancery Lane station, London.
Holition is an award-winning creative innovation studio using future technologies to create intelligent and beautiful digital experiences that bridge the gap between technology and retail. Its artistic approach to the design of technology sets it apart, working with some of the most recognisable brands, deploying and supporting projects all around the world.
- Studying how to be a Software Engineer taking mentorship from others and completing numerous training courses.
- Working alongside other Software Engineers on live projects.
- Working alongside Project Managers and Lead Software Engineers in QA.
- Working closely with team members to meet the needs of a project.
- Performing effectively under pressure and meeting deadlines to ensure our projects are completed on time.
Hours: 9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
Salary is competitive, depending on experience.
- A passion and drive to learn how to build innovative applications
- A good understanding of Maths
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently on your own projects
- Able to work on Microsoft Windows and/or Mac OSX
- Self-motivated and organized, with the ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects at once
- Exhibit of a sense of ownership for the quality of your workBonus points:
- Previously completed Software Engineering courses
- Experience with version control systems (i.e. Git)
- Familiarity with modern backend technologies such as: AWS Lambdas, Node.JS, NoSQL
- Familiarity with animation libraries and creative tools such as: Lottie, Photoshop, Zeppelin, Sketch, Illustrator
- Familiarity with Facebook / Snapchats AR platforms
- Familiarity with Unity3D
- Familiarity with Augmented & Virtual Reality
Training and future prospects
- Digital Innovation with ADA - Level 4.
- Training and qualification will be delivered by ADA College.
- A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role.