We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Software Engineer Apprentice role at Land Insight.
You will work alongside the product designer and software engineers, turning designs into usable software.
Land Insight is a property technology startup based in London. We’re building a platform leading towards a more effective and efficient land market, through the provision of the data needed to find and assess sites with development potential, and tools to support the acquisition process.
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English.
- You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Location: near Old Street Station, London.
By working closely with the likes of Ordnance Survey and Land Registry and combining our cutting-edge technology, Land Insight have merged the physical and digital worlds so people can finally explore and discover new land opportunities with ease and confidence.It’s their mission to give you the best tools to make the right calls. To bolster profits, repair the shortages in housing and help build communities.
Full job description (including responsibilities)
- Support the software engineers by turning designs into HTML/CSS.
- Test software to be ready for release. Write automated tests to improve software quality.
- Support engineers with the development of internal tools and data reports. Make updates to the website for the marketing team.
- Create new features and fix bugs
- Make updates to the website for the marketing team
- Support the sales team with changes to their software integrations.
Hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
Training and future prospects
- Digital Innovation with ADA - Level 4.
- Training and qualification will be delivered by ADA College.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
Grit/Determination, problem-solving skills, attention to detail.
Diligence, A ‘can do’ attitude