Role: Apprentice Recruitment Consultant
Location: Birmingham City Centre
Salary: up to £18k + Bonus Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours per week (inclusive of on the job study)Training Provided: Recruitment Resourcer Level 2
Course length: 18 months with permanent opportunity
Would you like to gain a qualification, while developing a career? Thought so! Read on to find out more about our amazing opportunities in recruitment.
A bit about us
Harvey Nash are a leading provider of professional recruitment solutions - what that means is we find jobs for technology professionals (think IT professionals, Developers, Project Managers and Senior Technology Managers) and work with some pretty big clients.
What is the opportunity?
We are actively recruiting people to join our Delivery Academy, based in Birmingham City Centre. This is an entry level recruitment role where you can learn all about being a recruiter - finding people to fill jobs for our clients and developing your sales skills.
You will be spending a lot of time on the telephone-based and/ or video conference calls - so if you have a passion for, or background in customer service then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
You will also earn yourself a professional qualification - this will take around 18 months but we will support you every step of the way. At the end you will have the opportunity to apply for a permanent role within our business and may be able to undertake further qualifications.
What will I learn
At the end of your 18 month course you will be able to do the following:
- Identify, attracting and shortlisting the best candidates to meet client demand
- Create new business opportunities through candidate leads and market knowledge
- Represent the company with a professional and expert brand image
- Work efficiently within relevant legislation and industry codes of ethics.
You will earn yourself qualifications in the following:
- Level 2 Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Recruitment Resourcing
- Level 2 Recruitment Resourcer Standard
What will I be doing day to day?
- finding candidates by matching individuals against a job description or set of criteria
- Conducting searches on the database & job boards
- Writing/ posting relevant job adverts
- Updating candidate records and obtain references
- Responsible for the entire candidate management process - from initial engagement, interview scheduling/ preparation to completing the offer process and documentation
- Writing and formatting comprehensive, relevant candidate coversheets
- Coordinating and arranging all interview details with candidate/ confirmation to client
- Professional and appropriate written/ verbal communication with candidates/ clients
- Developing a solid understanding of technical terminology and environments.
- Building on existing client relationships for Harvey Nash
- Attending client briefing calls as the Harvey Nash representative
- Desk based training of new/ junior team members
- Accountable for managing to deadlines set by client or consultant
- Work autonomously to deliver a high quality service, prioritising your own work
You don't need previous work experience, just a lot of enthusiasm and a positive can-do attitude!
All of our work is done on a computer, so you need to be confident sitting behind a screen for most of the day. If you have Microsoft Excel experience this would be great, but it is not essential. All our roles require an element of communication whether that be written or verbal so you must be confident speaking to people of all levels - over the phone, on email or via video call. We have a very flat structure; all of our managers are very approachable, so you don't need to worry about asking any questions, you will have access to all the support you need.
Harvey Nash has been around for 30 years as a global recruitment company within the Technology Industry. We are excited about our growth opportunities and would love for you to be a part of it!