Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business
We have an exciting opportunity to work as Commercial Administrator at our Gatwick office.
Our team at Gatwick are active on three Frameworks which are of both a Building and Civil Engineering nature.
Youll be working closely with the commercial team providing administration support to the Commercial Manager.
This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience within a commercial environment to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Commercial Operations with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining a level 3 in Construction Contracting Operations (Surveying). Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you may be given the opportunity to move into our site support team to work towards a career in commercial.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain electronic record of Sub-Contract Order Process
- Co-ordinate Quantity Surveyors payment of outstanding retention's by being first point of contact for Sub-Contractors
- Check and raise payment on completed projects where no QS allocated and payment is due
- Ensure payment is made by investigating and rectifying any held payment
- Manage the schedule of Customer held retentions and assist with facilitating receipt
- Manage invoices schedules including chasing unpaid invoices
- Issue to Commercial Manager for checking, prior to issuing to Commercial Department
- Provide secretarial support to Commercial Manager
- Provide support to the Document Control and Handover Team when workload dictates including use of our Customers Document Control Portal and Business Collaborator
- Maintain and chase electronic records of both Completion and Defects certification
- Archive Contract Documents and general office documentation
- Management of current contract documentation i.e drawings, specifications, instructions