Our apprentice programme is a great opportunity to gain a recognised academic or vocational qualification from college, with on-the-job training giving you the chance to earn while you learn, whilst employed full-time at Skanska.
As a Projects Planning apprentice you will carry out a varied range of activities to assist the team with planning and scheduling all works in connection with the a wide range of nationally important infrastructure projects such as Smart Motorways, airport expansion and High Speed 2.
What you’ll learn to do:
- Review and understand tender project documentation
- Produce programmes under the direction of the Planning Manager and / or Senior Planner
- Update schedules with progress using actual dates or percentage of physical works complete, and work remaining
- Produce reports and communicate current schedule position and forecasts Use baselines, re-schedule etc. for updating
- Understand design planning and controls
- Gain appreciation of various contractual arrangements and the relevant requirements for Planning and Project Controls
- Input and analyse delay into the master programme
- Export data for analysis in other programmes
- Produce pdf’s of the programme as required by contract team
- Gain knowledge of civil engineering and infrastructure work relevant to planning and delivery to agreed timescales and budgets
- Learn to use planning software (or similar programme management tools)
- Study towards a Level 3 Projects Control Technician qualification. The course will cover analysing progress and performance data on engineering, construction and infrastructure projects.
Who you are:
- You will be required to hold GCSE’s in Maths and English at grade 9 to 4 (or equivalent A* - C) to allow us to enrol you onto a Level 3 Diploma
- No previous experience in construction is required but you will want to help us shape the future and build for a better society
What we offer:
- Support to achieve Level 3 qualification in Projects Control
- Structured career path support, helping you realise your potential