C. Hoare & Co are the leading private bank in the UK and are undergoing an exciting transformation programme with data, technology and automation at the heart of it. Having already moved their digital banking application to a cutting-edge cloud system in 2021, the wider suite of tools and systems are undergoing similar enhancements and they are looking to bring in a cohort of apprentices to build a future pipeline of talent for the organisation.
A typical day
- Implement change tickets to application code and system configurations
- Make changes to and enhance application code and infrastructure configurations to resolve issues that have occurred or proactively prevent issues occurring.
- Ensure that changes are well documented, fully formed, and do not contain errors/inconsistencies.
- Monitor the environment/platform/applications regularly and ensure any deviation from the baseline is dealt with appropriately
- Feed into the Digital Operations team documentation and ensure that the information contained within is regularly reviewed/updated
- Use technical abilities to investigate and troubleshoot issues and incidents on the platform or applications, taking ownership of the full remediation
- lifecycle in line with the agreed SLAs, and providing regular
- communication on the state of the issue throughout.
- Report on and remediate any capacity issues within the Online and Mobile environment.
- Also ensure that the retention periods for log files and data are valid, and do not hold more than we require for effective support, or than we are required by regulation. Feed this into the Digital Operations capacity planning and retention documentation
You must have
- GCSE English & Maths 4-9 (C-A ) or equivalent
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong technical and development skills/aptitude
- Customer-focused delivery with a desire to understand business functions, processes and requirements
- A positive 'can-do attitude
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate initiative
- Ability to deliver tasks to deadlines, with support from your manager and team leads
- A team-player mindset
- Engage with others to develop relationships within D&T
- An attitude of continuous improvement
Software Engineer Level 4Being a Multiverse apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.As part of your Multiverse apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to help you develop the 6 key competencies: well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Software Engineering apprenticeship, you can progress into a junior developer role (this includes web and app development). You'll have the skills to continue growing within a tech team, and have enough knowledge/experience to pick up new languages with ease. Software Engineering Level 4 will also provide a good foundation for transitioning into data science.
Perks and benefits
- Amazing location
- Bike to work scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Free food & drink
- Health cover
- Mentor scheme
- Multiverse Community Hub
- Multiverse community
- On-site games
- Showers on-site
- Social events