Join Howdens and Launch Your Career as an Apprentice Kitchen Sales Designer
At Howdens, we take immense pride in being recognised as a leading employer of apprentices. Our commitment to nurturing talent and creating long-term career opportunities is evident through our placement in the prestigious Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers table in both 2022 and 2023.
The Opportunity: Apprentice Kitchen Sales Designer
As an integral part of our workforce, we are seeking talented individuals to join our award-winning apprenticeship scheme and help drive our business forward. The Apprentice Kitchen Sales Designer role offers a unique opportunity to receive comprehensive on-the-job training and expert support from a leading training provider while pursuing a Level 3 Fitted Furniture Design Technician Apprenticeship. The program typically spans 12 to 15 months.
As an Apprentice Kitchen Sales Designer you will learn to turn our builders andtheir clientsdream kitchens into a reality. By visiting theirhomeyou will listen to their ideas, evaluate their needs and offer your expert advice, thenplan,design and sellinspirationalkitchensthatmatches theirrequirements andexceedsexpectations.Your key responsibilities will include:
- Planning, designing and selling inspirational kitchens using the Company's range of products with the highest level of customer service
- Developing long term collaborative business relationships with customers from the building trade and their clients.
- Visit sites including people's homes to measure and evaluate the customer's needs.
- Utilising Howdens unique 'My Kitchen' service which offers the ability to create and view high quality images.
- Correctly processing estimates, pricing, delivery dates and stock requirements for your customer.
You will be required to use your own vehicle during business hours, and travel expenses will be reimbursed accordingly.
Our Kitchen Sales Designers come from a variety of backgrounds; however they all share a passion for sales and providing great customer service. Using your natural sales skills and creative flair, you will learn to achieve and exceed your sales targets every month. We are looking for people with the following qualities who want to learn new skills in a sales environment:
- Strong communication skills
- A genuine interest in, and flair for, design
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Good customer service skills
- Target driven
- Ability to work autonomously and use own initiative
- Effective planning and organising abilities
- Capability to prioritise and manage own workload effectively
- A strong desire for continuous personal and professional development.
- The right to work in the UK and related evidence
- You must hold a valid driving licence. If you are currently learning to drive you may be considered.
Please note - if you have considerable experience in a similar role, you may not be suitable for an apprenticeship. If you already have experience and are looking for a full time role please visit (url removed) to see our non-apprenticeship opportunities.
- Fitted Furniture Design Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship
- Training provided by our in-house Learning & Development Team
- Support from external training providers
- A 15-month program, including a minimum 12-month learning period and end-point assessment
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths qualifications will be supported in achieving this level before undertaking the end-point assessment and apprenticeship completion
Rewards and Benefits:
We believe in recognising and rewarding the hard work and dedication of our team members. In return for your commitment, you will receive:
- A competitive £15,000 salary.
- Paid holiday entitlement.
- A generous matched contribution Pension Scheme.
- Team incentives and outings.
- Staff discount on Howdens products
Howdens Joinery is the UK's premier trade kitchen supplier, offering a vast range of products in kitchens, joinery, and hardware. With over 800 depots across the UK and Europe, we have earned the trust of more than 460,000 loyal trade professionals. Our ambitious growth agenda and entrepreneurial ethos make us an exciting place to build a career. Our dedication to our people has earned us recognition as one of the 10 Best Big Companies to Work For.
Howdens is founded on the principle of being Worthwhile for ALL concerned. We're working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, please email (url removed) with the job title and location, and we will be happy to help you.