Apprentice IT Systems Administrator
Salary 14k apprenticeship program
Based on site Yeadon, LS19 7ZA (near Leeds and Bradford Airport)
On site wellbeing facilities including massage, physiotherapy, hypnotherapy, well man and well women blood tests, health checks, buying and selling holidays, offsite charitable support days, amazing social events and this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as our staff benefits go
If you want IT work to be fun and rewarding with ongoing professional development, then look no further. The apprenticeship program will have you working towards achieving the Level 3 Information Communication Technician award via (url removed)
Who we are:
Romero Insurance Brokers provide Insurance and Risk Management solutions for our clients in all industry sectors. We work hard to understand our client s needs and exposures enabling us to provide tailor made solutions for our clients. Our service is designed to exceed our client s expectations whilst delivering the most competitive premiums.
About the role:
Reporting to the IT Director, the Apprentice IT Systems Administrator will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to the IT Director.
The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT related projects and activities. The primary objective will be to provide IT support to staff to enable the company to achieve its goals and ensure the reliability of the servers and network infrastructure.
The successful applicant will monitor and maintain the computer systems of the organisation, install and configure software / hardware, diagnose and resolve software / hardware faults, and manage company accounts with specific suppliers.
- Keep all inventories up to date as and when changes are made.
- Responsible for performing hardware and software purchases upon approval.
- Ensures that appropriate IT policies are in place and adhered to by all staff.
- Ensures the company security policy is adhered to by all staff.
- Identify potential new technologies that would benefit the business and improvements in the functionality and use of existing systems.
- Maintain the entire backup system from resolving backup issues to ensuring restores are available.
- Maintain the mobile phone accounts including setting up new phones.
- Maintain Active Directory.
- Setup laptop, projectors, and / or video conferencing equipment for meetings.
- Maintain the internal phone system with phone extensions, hunt groups, redirects, etc.
- Move IT equipment when staff moves are required.
- Manage Incidents through the IT Helpdesk.
- Build and maintain company hardware.
- Ensure all printers are running optimally.
- Maintain the Anti-Virus system and other security / monitoring software.
- Train staff on any IT aspect where training is required.
We want our people to work hard, play hard, and have a lot of fun along the way. You will be curious to learn and personally develop your career to be the best version of you.
With a passion for delivering exceptional customer service, you will be driven to succeed and work as part of a team. We want people to own it. We celebrate together success together and learn as a team from our mistakes.
Due to Apprenticeship criteria this role is not open to candidates who possess a Higher Education Degree
Technical experience / skills required:
- Interested in IT, good attitude and trainable!
The IT Department provides extended support hours to our staff and the department is staffed accordingly. It is essential that you can be flexible with your working hours in the event of an IT issue.