DTC have an exciting opportunity to work within DTC’s Global IT department to actively support the business and train in a busy and dynamic environment.
As an IT Apprentice, you will be working closely within the IT Team supporting DTC’s IT requirements.
You will have a keen interest in IT and must be able to work as part of a busy team.
Working closely with other departments you will need to build relationships with both Employees based in the UK, and our teams around the world. You may be invited to support our external customers too!
As our IT Infrastructure Apprentice you will:
- Assist and support the resident IT Team whilst remaining self-motivated in managing your own workload
- Timely and accurate logging of customer issues into the IT ServiceDesk, from phone calls, emails and walk-ins
- Use the IT ServiceDesk, triage tickets, and be responsible for the quality of the information recorded – to be able to produce clear descriptions relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient solutions
- Assist the team in undertaking day to day maintenance of printers, end user devices and core systems
- Support new users and setting up new and recycled technology, demonstrating excellent customer service when dealing with colleagues
- Assist in identifying and sharing opportunities for service improvement or development of new ICT systems and services
- Undertake research to help solve ICT problems carrying out configuration and testing of new kit prior to install
- To successfully complete apprenticeship training
We’re looking for you to develop the role so that, in time, you become the first point of contact for all incoming issues to the IT ServiceDesk, then expand your knowledge from there into a generalist able to support the business multi-faceted.
What can DTC offer:
- Completion of an industry recognised qualification
- A tailored training and development plan
- A competitive salary with pay increase linked to progression through the apprenticeship scheme
- Annual and mid-year Performance development reviews
- Study leave
- 25 days Annual holiday with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days leave
- Flexible core working hours
- DTC Defined contribution pension plan (Legal & General) – Up to 9% match
- Long term opportunities for development
- Other Benefits including - Group Life Assurance 3x annual salary, Group Income Protection Insurance, Edenred Eyecare voucher scheme, First Assist - 24-hour counselling and legal advice, Free onsite parking
Who are we looking for:
- DTC are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic apprentice to work within our Global IT department.
- Qualifications: Minimum of GCSE English and Maths, at least at grade C.
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to work proactively as an individual and in a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to plan and prioritise work
- Uses initiative
The successful candidate will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance.