This is an exciting opportunity to become an apprentice in Morrison Utility Services in the Yorkshire Water contract, with prospects to progress within a highly respected company. Our business is centred upon the provision, replacement, repair and maintenance of utility network infrastructure, for example: electricity substations, water and gas pipes, electricity and telecommunication cables and installation of water, electricity and gas meters on behalf of blue chip utility companies in the UK. Morrison operates shift patterns to deliver a 24 hours a day operational service to all of our clients.
In this Apprenticeship programme, you will cover knowledge in three core subject areas:
- Health, safety and welfare
- Information, quantities and communication
- Understanding civil engineering technology
You will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
- Establishing work area protection and safety on highways
- Segregating the area of highway works for single carriageway roads
- Locating and protecting utility apparatus and sub-structures
- Excavating holes and trenches on the highway
- Reinstating excavation and highways surfaces
The Morrison Utility Services Apprenticeship Programme provides the opportunity for you to become fully trained, qualified and competent in:
- Level 2 Diploma in Highways Maintenance – Excavation & Reinstatement
You will be required to travel to college and your assigned depot in your own vehicle. Travel to and from college will be reimbursed through our expenses system.
The initial training will be based at the Utility Construction Training (UCT) Carrington, Manchester where you will learn the basic knowledge, skills and competence to enable you to work productively on the network.
Please note there will be an assessment centre for this opportunity which will be taking place on 1st & 2nd May 2019 at The Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa near Leeds. You must be able to attend on one of these dates in order to be considered for the programme.
The Apprenticeship Programme will be starting on 6th June 2019
- Minimum age requirement is aged 18 or over by 6th June 2019;
- GCSE Grade 4-2 (C-E) in Maths and English, however if you do not meet this requirement, you can still apply as you will be taught Functional Skills whilst on training.
- Full driving license and car owner
- Able to join the programme on 6th June 2019
- You will need to demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- A degree of manual dexterity and basic level of fitness
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance