Siamo Recruitment are currently looking to recruit an Apprentice Engineer for one of our expanding companies based in Flintshire.
We have recently secured significant new contracts and are investing in our engineering capabilities.
This is a wide and varied role and requires an experienced mechanical or electromechanical technician to join a small technical team.
Salary- depending on experience
- Mechanical modification of production equipment in order to drive continuous improvement
- Assist in the design and build of special purpose equipment
- Assist in the development of new manufacturing methods of new products
- Maintenance and repair of both standard and specialised (knitting) equipment
- Manufacture of jigs and fixtures for production requirements
- Operate test equipment (e.g. Compression tester)
- Introduction of new machines and processes to production
- Be willing to undertake and commit to an external training probably on day release or NVQ based which is likely to be for a period of 3 to 4 years.
- Be willing to undertake training as required outside of normal hours which will not be paid.
Ideal Candidate -
- Possess computer, numeracy and literacy skills to enable learning
- Be physically fit
- Able to work independently as well as part of a small team
- Positive attitude and an ability to create solutions with limited resources
- Qualified to minimum GCSE level C in Maths, English and a design and technology or science based subject. Or preferably having completed the first year of a college based engineering discipline i.e. NVQ or BTEC
Please contact Alix on (url removed) or call (phone number removed).