Responsible for generating good quality, accurate Electrical Engineering designs, and work to instructions under the supervision of Engineers and Senior Engineers.
- To provide Electrical Designs tasks for a range of different building types and materials
- Can carry out discrete tasks and can manage their own time appropriately
- Responsible for producing engineering outputs including calculations, schedules, drawings and details under the supervision of an Engineer and Senior Engineer.
- Able to work within a team, with good interpersonal skills
- Learn from, and be mentored by, senior members of the Engineering team
- Learn and apply electrical calculations to ensure standards and legislative requirements are met through good quality electrical design techniques under supervision.
- Learn to use computer software including Amtech, Dialux and other industry standard software to generate electrical designs under supervision.
- Learn to produce schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with drawing markups and relevant standards under supervision.
- Learn to ensure the production or updating of electrical design deliverables is carried out to a high standard in accordance with company procedures
- Work closely with other members of the design team to help deliver a quality product
- Learn about design co-ordination, and how it relates to other disciplines
- Develop an appreciation of the company philosophy of Perfect Delivery
- Develop an appreciation of the company QA procedures, and learn how to check their own work prior to submission to their supervisor
- Help with the registering and document control of incoming information and outgoing deliverables.
- Help with office and project filing and maintaining records
- Develop positive relationships with colleagues through good professional conduct
- Attend in-house courses and seminars
- Be willing to learn new design trends / design techniques (BIM etc.)
- Be a good member of the team, and be willing to work extended hours on occasions if required
- High School education – 5 good grades (C or above E&W, 3 or above Scot) including Maths, English, Science
- Btec/ NVQ/ equivalent A-Levels/Highers to enter direct to HNC/ HND Day release (optional)
- Full UK Driving Licence
Technical skills and experience
- Ability to work under the supervision of an Engineer and Senior Engineer to produce electrical engineering design deliverables.
- Be willing and able to develop an outline appreciation of CDM regulations, and how they relate to the tasks under their remit.
- Be willing and able to learn and develop knowledge of current UK technical standards/publications and legislation requirements
- Be willing and able to learn and develop knowledge of standard details and solutions, and compliance.
- To have basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Be a good team player
- To be a good learner, and able to pick up new tasks and ideas readily
- Ability to work accurately and methodically, under the supervision of an Engineer and Senior Engineer
- Good interpersonal skills
BakerHicks is a design and engineering company that specialises in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle. Its disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design.
BakerHicks is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with a revenue of c.£2.6 billion and which operates through six divisions of Construction & Infrastructure, Fit Out, Property Services, Partnership Housing, Urban Regeneration and Investments.