Alcatel Submarine Networks, part of Nokia, leads the industry in terms of transmission capacity and installed base with more than 600,000 km of optical submarine cable deployed worldwide, enough to circumnavigate the globe 15 times! From traditional Telecom applications to Content & Over-The-Top service provider infrastructures as well as offshore Oil & Gas applications, ASN provides all the elements of a global turnkey undersea transmission system, tailored to the individual customer's needs. An extensive service portfolio completes its comprehensive offering for the submarine business, including project management, installation and commissioning, along with marine and maintenance operations performed by ASN’s fleet of cable ships.
Overview -- Primary purpose and objective of the job:
- Working within the Industrial Operations Planning team.
- Primary role to support the master production schedulers to create operational production plans to support the business. Requires data extraction, data analysis (excel) and good communication skills.
- Support the master production schedulers to create and maintain Production Plans and Long Term Plans for his/her scope.
- Develop the ability to be the back-up for the update of production plans if required.
- Close liaison with all support departments to ensure planning information is correctly understood and followed.
- Ability to identify gaps in understanding between departments and raising alerts to close those gaps.
- Extract data from the company’s ERP system and to transform the data into reports, or to identify opportunities to improve.
- Extract and Maintain information on Industrial Operations metrics & KPI’s.
- Ability to be the back-up for the Sales Recognition process on the company’s ERP system
Desired skills and qualities:
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills,
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Must have 2x A Levels (including maths or ICT)
- Or A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- Or A BTEC Extended Diploma (180 credits) In ICT
- And GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications)
- And strong English skills
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.