Oxfordshire County Council are currently looking to recruit an experienced Apprentice Counter Fraud Investigatorto join our team based in Oxford. You will be working on a full time, 24 month contract (37hours per week and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,023 per annum.
About the Apprentice Counter Fraud Investigator role:
The purpose of the Counter Fraud Assistant s job role is to provide support to the Senior Counter Fraud Officers, to undertake counter fraud operational duties, and to train them to become a Counter Fraud Officer. The post holder will undertake the Level 4 Counter Fraud Apprenticeship which provides full on-the-job training on counter fraud work. The post holder will be fully supported in completing the qualification.
The responsibilities of the Apprentice Counter Fraud Investigator role:
- Working with the Senior Counter Fraud Officers on fraud investigations. This will include gathering and reviewing evidence and case documentation to conduct a fraud investigation; undertaking interviews under caution (once suitably trained); supporting enforcement exercises,undertaking visits and requesting information
- Working with the Intelligence and Data Officer on investigations to ensure a smooth sharing of relevant intelligence and information to pursue fraud investigations
- Receiving, screening and risk assessing fraud referrals, logging these on the case management system and allocating cases accordingly
- Acting as the first point of contact for the Counter-Fraud Team (monitoring the team email inboxes and actioning accordingly)
- Working with highly sensitive and confidential information in line with legislation and policy
- Undertaking the administration of the fraud case management system, ensuring the system is up-to-date and producing management and performance reports
- Monitoring and reporting against quality assurance standards and case information
- Supporting with proactive counter-fraud exercises, training, risk assessment and fraud awareness activity
- Producing and disseminating fraud awareness communications
- Staying up-to-date with new developments, advice and guidance relating to Counter-Fraud, identifying opportunities to improve and develop the service -sharing this with the team and wider stakeholders
What we are looking for in our ideal Apprentice Counter Fraud Investigator:
- 5 GCSE s grade 9-4 / A -C, or equivalent (including Mathematics and English Language) and A-level or equivalent
- Proven investigative skills, including the ability to use evidence, synthesise information and write clear reports
- Strong ICT, systems and Excel skills and the ability to learn and navigate new systems with ease
- The ability to prioritise effectively and manage own workload with often competing demands
- An understanding of Counter Fraud work
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly, sensitively and confidently with others, including in meetings and by telephone and in reports
- The ability and desire to complete the Counter Fraud Level 4 Apprenticeship
Benefits of becoming our Apprentice Counter Fraud Investigator:
- Culture of flexible working
- Technology to support agile working where role permits
- 24 day s holiday p.a. plus bank holidays
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to health and wellbeing support
- Membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, with an employer s contribution of up to 19.9%
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Local and national discounts for shopping and travel
- Great learning and development opportunities to support your ongoing development.
Closing date: Monday 22nd August 2022Interview date: Week commencing 5th September 2022
For more information about this role, please visit our website!
If you think you have what it takes to become our new Apprentice Counter Fraud Investigator, click apply now, we would love to hear from you!