An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to take on the position of Apprentice Chef
• Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
• Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
• Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
• Prepare cold foods. Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
• Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
• Monitor food quality while preparing food.
• Set-up and break down work station.
• Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles.
• Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
• Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
• Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Commis Chef Apprenticeship.
Your Qualification will be delivered by an Award Winning Training Provider who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Regional Trainer coming to visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your Apprenticeship