Apprentice Business Analyst – Level 4
- Are you great at problem-solving, analysing information and developing solutions with others?
- Do you want to get practical, hands-on experience in a meaningful role where you will support and influence projects as well as gain a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Business Analysis qualification?
- Do you want to work at a company that will empower you to be your best self at work?
If so, an Apprentice Business Analyst role in Technology may be the right route for you. At Aviva, we truly believe new ideas and perspectives are invaluable. So, if you have a curious mind, a customer focus and a passion for unpicking tricky problems to drive great tech solutions please read on!
About the role
Technology at Aviva is an exciting place to be! We’re the UK’s largest insurer, a FTSE 100 company and global leader who puts the customer at the heart of everything we do. Awarded Digital Insurance Company of the Year at the Data, Analytics & Technology Awards for Insurance, our Technology community is among the best resourced and most talented anywhere.
We work collaboratively in small teams to build high quality solutions that meet our customers’ needs, first time: whether delivering technology change internally to meet the wider needs of the organisation or producing innovative digital tech like the award winning “My Aviva” customer portal and “Aviva Drive".
Through our Apprentice Programme, we'll equip you with the hands-on experience, industry recognised accredited qualifications and tools to succeed.
As a Business Analyst Apprentice, you’ll learn to act as the key link between our customers and our development and support teams, working on interesting and challenging deliveries alongside a community of highly capable and experienced technology professionals. Your work will include:
- Investigating and defining the true business problem
- Delivering solutions that resolve the business problem, setting out impacts and risks
- Performing Business Analysis activities on projects and programmes – including informing business cases, working with stakeholders to define customer and system requirements and with development teams to translate these into working outcomes
- Developing yourself and later others in the Business Analyst community
This is an 18-month programme where you’ll spend 80% of your time gaining real hands-on experience in the role and 20% dedicated to your Apprenticeship studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your accredited qualification (a Level 4 Apprenticeship as well as a BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis). Upon successful completion of your qualification(s) you’ll be a fully-fledged Aviva Business Analyst!
We’re on the lookout for apprentices from all kinds of backgrounds – whether this is your first professional role, you’re returning to work after a break, or are looking to move into a new career. Whatever your previous experience, we need you to:
- Have a minimum of 5 x GCSEs or Scottish National 5s at Grade 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent (this must include English and Maths)
- Have or be on track for at least 3 A-Levels grades B, C, C or equivalent
- Be always on the lookout for positive changes and solutions - approaching situations with curiosity and initiative
- Be a confident communicator
- Be flexible, able to adapt and change quickly to different situations
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great Microsoft Office skills – particularly Excel and PowerPoint – in order to perform analysis and present information simply and visually
- Have a love of learning and be working to continually improve
- Have an interest in tech
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary from £17,500 (depending on skills, experience and qualifications)
- A Level 4 qualification, equivalent to a Foundation Degree/HND.
- BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras”, plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme