We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Booker Apprentice role at Metail.
We’re searching for an Apprentice bookkeeper, who is zealous and committed to a career in Finance. You will find yourself in a slightly split role initially, spending about 60 percent of your time working on the numbers and the remaining on general admin projects and tasks. These range from supporting with recruitment to assisting with the management of our two offices. As your skills and experience grow, so will your responsibilities.
Metail offers a virtual retail shopping experience, from your smartphone or computer.
Our revolutionary technology allows users to try on clothes online, simply input three basic body measurements et voila, you’ve created your MeModel®.
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English.
- B at Maths GCSE.
- GCSE English (Literature or Language) grade C- A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
Location: near Aldgate East station, London.
Do you have a love for numbers as great as your passion for fashion? If your answer is yes we may have the role for you! We’re a sociable startup with offices in the cool east end of London and Cambridge, where fresh air meets light stone buildings. For those that have yet to check us out, your digital body allows you to play with different styles, test outfits and check if clothes will fit before buying online. Visit trymetail.com for a glimpse into the future.
- Easing you in at a pace you’re comfortable with, the role will see you managing our bi-monthly invoicing processes from receipt to setting up payments for approval. You’ll be managing employee expenses payments and assisting with payroll.
Ensuring pension contributions are made will be part of your monthly workload, reconciling accounts will be a daily pastime and producing a variety of reports, a sport in which you thrive. You will help make sure we comply in all of our financial matters, work with the Commercial Growth to issue invoices to our clients and enjoy being a point of contact internally to fellow Metailer’s on financial matters as well as to external stakeholders, assisting where appropriate with any queries that arise.
We are looking for a real people person, one who doesn’t just like change but seeks it out. Being in the Finance and People team, you will fully appreciate and exercise discretion, you’ll show confidence when communicating with stakeholders of all levels and operate in an organised and methodical way.
- Being a tech company ourselves, you will be comfortable working with a whole host of different software, able to cope with varying levels of workload and can demonstrate a track record of self-directed learning.There will be a little travel to our Cambridge office on occasion but you’ll be based in our HQ in London, home to some of the most creative minds in their respective field, some questionable music tastes and bean bags that are near impossible to get up from.
We like baking all kinds of weird and wonderful things, cocktail making on a Friday and the odd highly competitive game of table football. You’ll be working with some brilliant people who are working hard to make clothing fit for all.
- Managing the bi-monthly invoicing process from receipt to setting up payment for approval
- Managing employee expenses payments
- Assisting with payroll, setting up payments
- Managing pension contributions
- Tracking incoming and outgoing payments
- Producing expenses, training, budget reports
- Be the point of contact for any financial outsourced partners
- Issuing invoices to clients and tenants
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC, companies house etc..
- Accounts reconciliation
Hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
Training and future prospects
Accounting Standard training with WhiteHat. As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by: wellbeing, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness, grit.
This role will consist of a 60/40 split with 60 percent of the time spent on finance initially and 40 on admin projects/tasks, with a review at the 6-month mark as responsibilities grow.
- Supporting the management of the London/Cambridge office
- Ordering office supplies
- Assisting with facilities
- Supporting with recruitment admin*6+ months onwards:*
- Producing management accounts
- VAT reporting
- Company credit cards management
- Department budget reporting
- Ad hoc but ongoing projects
- Supporting the audit process
- R&D Finance collaboration
- Assisting with the preparation of pre-emption notices
- Discreet and able to work with confidential matters
- Comfortable working with C-level
- Comfortable with numbers and data analysis
- Able to cope with varying levels of workload
- Organised, methodical and trustworthy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer use, inc google sheets and Microsoft suite
- Proven interest in Finance
- Team player
- Able to take on increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated desire to learn and better themselves
- Willing to get stuck in
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- High attention to detail
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.