This is not just an apprenticeship, it’s an opportunity for those of all ages and backgrounds to start their career in the world of artisan baking. We'll teach you everything we know about the bakery, from learning traditional bakery methods (from the best bakers in town), to understanding how we package & transport our products to our customers!
What will the apprentice be doing?
At The Bread Factory, we craft all our bread by hand. During your apprenticeship you will learn:
- The baking industry – Specifically the artisan/craft division
- The bakery supply chain, from ingredients all the way to dispatching to customers.
- The new product development process
- Bakery methods
- How to safely work machinery, such as mixers and industrial ovens
- How to produce products that are safe to consume
- Finishing products e.g. labelling
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What your apprenticeship includes:
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops, masterclasses, and webinars.
- A mixture of face to face and online catch ups.
- A Review every 12 weeks with your Line Manager and the College.
- An opportunity to obtain Functional Skills in English and math's (if you don't already have them).
- Apprenticeship Certificate
- Level 2 Certificate in Baking Industry
- Level 1 math's and English (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At The Bread Factory we pay way well above the apprenticeship wage. You will start on £7 per hour and as you grow your skills your salary will increase to £10 per hour. Once you pass your Apprenticeship, you will be guaranteed a job as a Baker.