To be the first point of contact for colleges who we are in partnership with Halfords autocentre for our Apprenticeship programme and our Part Time TT1 recruitment in addition they will provide support to all Apprentices, Trainee T1, Mentors and Centre Managers.
As the apprentice and part time recruitment liaison, you will be the direct link between Halfords Autocentres, and the colleges.
To provide support and training to centre managers and mentors ensuring that the apprentice or trainee T1 colleagues are given the required support, guidance and training within their Autocentre.
- To support apprentice and trainee T1's Apprentice Mentor training and support
- Liaise with colleges to ensure delivery of a high quality apprenticeship
- Extensive travel with over nights stays will be required to visit colleagues in the centres, to provide at times 1-2-1 training or coaching.
- Providing coaching and support to centre managers to up skill them to ensure that the apprentice or trainee T1 colleague is fully supported
- Design of training courses and workshops in line with business and colleague needs
- Building strong relations with senior management to support and influence a high performing culture amongst our colleagues
- Contributing to team development through the sharing of best practice and lessons learnt
- Support the People team projects both business wide or ad hoc
- Previous experience in a training environment is essential
- Strong knowledge of college and apprenticeship processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication and influencing skills and ability to hold challenging conversations in a way which leads to the desired outcomes
- Highly organised and self-motivated with good attention to detail
- Customer and colleague focused and service oriented
- Experience of managing and prioritising own workload in a high volume, demanding environment with changing priorities
- Knowledge and/or experience with qualification, assessment and quality assurance
- Able to deal with highly confidential information discreetly
- Works with pace and accuracy, staying focused on the detail
- Able to work in a sensitive and diplomatic manner, whilst remaining confident and resilient
- Team driven and able to drive consistency across the team
- Able to build relationships effectively both face to face and over the telephone
- Excellent coaching skills and effective questioning techniques
- In possession of a current driving licence as this role will require travel