When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Bellway is a FTSE 250 house builder, headquartered in Newcastle upon Tyne, which operates 22 trading divisions across England, Scotland and Wales.
Apprentice Administrator - Bellway Homes Scotland West
What do I achieve?
* an exciting future built with us starting September 2022
* a nationally recognised qualification - Level SQF 5 Business & Administration
* transferable skills such as leadership and communication
* working for a 5* house builder
* building a network of like minded professionals
* improving your knowledge and understanding of the housebuilding industry
What's the package?
* Basic salary from £18,000 - £22,000 per annum depending on role and competitive annual bonus
* 22 - 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Core/flexible working options depending on role
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* ShareSave scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Access to BOB - our flexible benefits platform with discounts from over 800 retailers
Our promise to you
* You will learn from the best, through invaluable experience
* You will join a reputable brand at an exciting time of continued growth
* A fantastic working environment
* We will develop you and provide ongoing support to be the best you can be!
Tell me all about the role!
* Working closely with the Divisional PA to support the Divisional Directors.
* Producing letters, memos, reports and spreadsheets when required.
* Filing and maintaining documentation.
* Diary management and updates.
* Assist the Divisional PA with refreshments for meetings.
* Dealing with telephone and email enquiries from customers and colleagues.
* Produce and organise data.
* Control and process all hardware requests/replacements across the division.
* Undertake ad-hoc tasks as necessary to meet the business needs and for your own personal development.
* Support with adhoc sales administration and reception cover as required.
What can you bring to us?
GCSE English and Maths at Grade 4 or above
Motivated and keen to learn new skills
Enthusiastic with a genuine interest in your chosen subject
Ability to work well as part of a team as well as using your own initiative
Committed to diversity and inclusion
Questions and Answers!
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes that are designed to help employers train people for specific job roles.
How long does an apprenticeship take to complete?
An apprenticeship takes a minimum of 12 months to a maximum of 5 years depending on the level of apprenticeship and which industry sector you are training.
By rule of thumb:
Level 2: 12-18 months
Level 3: 24 months
Degree: up to 5 years
What happens once I complete my apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are fixed-term roles. Normally upon successful completion of a programme a high proportion of individuals transition to a permanent role with Bellway however, some of our specialist trade apprenticeships will be buddied with one of our trusted contractors from day one and may therefore transition to a permanent role with their organisation. Please note any offer of a permanent role at the end of the fixed-term apprenticeship is subject to a suitable vacancy being available at the time of completion and is not guaranteed.
Do I get holiday when doing an apprenticeship?
Of course! We offer 22-25 days, plus bank holidays!
Do I have to be aged between 16-24 to do an apprenticeship?
No, commonly apprentices are between this age group as apprenticeships are seen as an alternative to university. However there is no upper age limited for apprenticeships. In fact it is becoming common practise now for employers to train up existing members of staff through the apprenticeship route to help further their career development.
What is my probation period as an apprentice?
6 months, but you will have the opportunity to check-in at both the 1 month and 3 month points
Can I claim back travel expenses for assessment centres?
Yes, if you are successful at telescreen stage information on how you can claim will be included in your invitation