Job Title: AEB Team Leader (Employment Services)
Location: Margate (Covering across Kent)
Salary: £30-35,000 DOE
The Team Leader (Employment Services) is responsible for overseeing and managing Employment Coaches/IAG Advisors and Tutors, ensuring the provision of high-quality information, advice, and guidance (IAG). The role focuses on coaching and preparing learners, clients, and job seekers for various job, traineeship, and apprenticeship roles. As a Team Leader, you will line manage the coaches/tutors, provide support, and ensure effective implementation of employability programs or AEB delivery. The role requires exceptional leadership and coaching skills to promote self-confidence, emotional intelligence, and success in the world of work.
• Provide line management, support, and supervision to Employment Coaches, IAG Advisors, or trainers on prison or community contracts.
• Ensure accurate diagnosis of learner/job seeker needs, challenges, career ambitions, strengths, development areas, and future job roles or training opportunities.
• Deliver high-quality end-to-end IAG to customers/learners, adhering to contract requirements, Ofsted EIF, and Matrix Standard.
• Foster a mindset of emotional intelligence, self-confidence, and self-esteem to support learners/job seekers in the world of work.
• Create goal-focused action plans/ILPs/ILRs for referred learners/clients, provide support and motivation for implementation, and conduct regular reviews.
• Prepare CVs, cover letters, and job/apprenticeship application forms with learners.
• Introduce learners and job seekers to a strengths-based recruitment approach for successful job interviews.
• Conduct job search activities with learners/job seekers, shortlist candidates, match/submit learners/job seekers to vacancies/work experience opportunities, and arrange interviews when appropriate.
• Obtain and act upon regular feedback from learners/job seekers and employers.
• Utilize relevant case management and performance management systems, including ICT packages.
• Review and audit ILPs, ILRs, and other paperwork/documentation to ensure compliance with Matrix/Ofsted CIF standards.
• Support the delivery of partner events, job fairs, workshops, and seminars to prepare learners for the world of work.
• Liaise with Prison Education Providers, Learning and Skills Managers, and attend Quality Improvement Group meetings for prison contracts (IAG).
• Ensure contractual compliance is maintained at the highest standard at all times.
• Comply with safeguarding/prevent agenda, health and safety policies, and other procedures.
• Collaborate with colleagues to achieve effective performance management, including weekly reporting and monthly reviews.
• Meet required KPIs within set deadlines, as determined by the Operational Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Minimum 3 years of management experience.
• Experience providing high-quality CV, job search, and interview support to ex-offenders, at-risk individuals, NEETs, and the unemployed.
• Experience delivering high-quality coaching support that leads to employment and apprenticeships.
• Ability to build learners/job seekers' self-confidence, self-esteem, and motivation for success in the world of work and lasting employment/career development.
• Experience liaising with employers to arrange interviews and obtain feedback on candidates.
• Skills in identifying learner qualities and matching them appropriately with vacancies.
• Track record of progressing learners and job seekers into apprenticeships and employment, ensuring sustainability.
- IAG Level 4/Employability Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 4.
• Experience working in the social enterprise sector.
• Knowledge and understanding of offender services (working in prisons), substance misuse/recovery services.
• Positive and enthusiastic approach to problem-solving with a "can-do" attitude.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to gain people's confidence and put them at ease.
• Persuasive, persistent, and patient.
For any expressions of interest or for more information, please call Robert Rowe on (phone number removed) or send CVs to (url removed).