We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Advanced Electrical Apprentice. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
A day in the life:
- Meeting early in the morning with the senior engineer/delivery manager to review what happened the previous night to see if anything needs attention/addressing/escalation or a technical query to the Client (we do a lot of work overnight and we support night team)
- Assess progress on tasks previously assigned (we operate the Tminus process and teams have to be ready)
- Help plan and prepare site work diaries for the night team
- Plan for works in three phases - in the future for sites to come, in the present for jobs being currently executed and for the those jobs in the close out phase
- Prepare review documents (SSOW, Time Chainage, Installation Diagram, Train Matrices, Mitigation/Contingency Plans etc) for review in the Tminus review
- Attend Tminus delivery review meetings where the planned jobs are reviewed for robustness and certainty for delivery.
- Participate in team meetings which can be design and construction reviews, progress and update meetings etc
- Order materials, plant and labour for planned work
- Clarifying and explaining technical aspects of job being planned to stakeholders
- Leading on briefing of job/project to stakeholders
- Submission of safety critical information in relation to the job/project where required
- Progressively prepare the close out file (hand back file) for the job/project.
Who we’re looking for:
- 2 A Levels grade A-C in Maths and a Science / Level 3 Engineering qualification
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- Have the ambition and motivation to work within the engineering and construction industry