What does MS Amlin do?
MS Amlin is a leading global provider of insurance products. These products support our clients by protecting them from financial losses, delivering business continuity and in turn promoting prosperity around the world.
As part of MS Amlin Underwriting Limited you will play a part in protecting these businesses from harm and improve the efficiencies and effectiveness of the services which we offer.
What does a data analyst actually do?
A data technician is a person whose job is to gather and interpret data in order to solve a specific problem. A data analyst also helps query, summarise, and process data. Simply put a data analyst job is to translate numbers into plain English so the business can gain a better understanding of performance. You will gather, review, examine and study data to provide useful insights into business performance.
As an apprentice what will you be doing?
- Collecting and reviewing data
- Cleansing data and gaining an understanding into the importance of accurate information
- Identify, examine and figure out trends or patterns within data
- Review and present the results of data analysis
- Ensure data is safely stored and archived
- Support the organisation by maintaining and developing reports
- Practice self-learning
- Take responsibility for your own professional development
- Adhering to The Conduct Rules which are a set of basic standards of good personal conduct
By the end of the apprenticeship you will be able to:
- Provide regular reports to management
- Make recommendations to stakeholders
- Interpret data
What are our values?
- Respecting each other
- Client focus and understanding
- Probity – we do the right thing
- Kaizen – strive for improvement
- One MS Amlin team – collaborate as team
- Courage to challenge
What does MS Amlin offer?
- An introduction into the insurance business environment
- Full support for the transition into the world of work in a large organisation with global reach
- Level 3 apprenticeship training
- Market leading salaried role
- On the job training
- A mentor who will work closely with you to determine the right career path with you
- Your manager will support you throughout the three year programme
- A careers coach will be partnered with you to support you in your training
- Digital learning which is flexible and adaptable
- Valuable work and projects that will give you insights into the business
What are we looking for?
- Driven and motivated self-learner
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- A desire to work with data
- 3 A Levels, with at least one grade B or higher in a maths based subject
Working with us
- We are aiming to start the apprenticeship programme in September 2022
- The contract will be a fixed term contract and will cover the period of your training, approximately 3 years
- Where possible, we will look to offer individuals a regular contract after this period
What you can expect from us:
A competitive salary and benefits package is a given, but you can also expect:
- A great team and supportive colleagues
- An open mind (especially to new ideas and ways of doing things)
- A strong focus on diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities
- A programme of wellbeing and mental health support
- Employer-supported volunteering (ESV)
- Flexible working
- Continuous learning
- Study support
- Structured career development
Here are some of the company benefits:
- Travel to work season ticket loan
- Lifestyle fund
- Pension plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme