We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is an Accounts Payable Apprentice role at WeWork.
In this role, the two apprentices will be assisting in various business administration functions within the Accounts Payable/Billings team. A great start for someone who is numerically minded and wants to explore the idea of accounting or finance.
WeWork is a co-working space. This London office space has long corridors lined with offices that call to mind an art gallery.
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English.
- Grade B (or 7) at Maths GCSE.
- You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
Location: near Temple underground station, London.
Full job description (including responsibilities)
- Help with paying our suppliers, setting up invoices and providing proofs of payment within our ERP system (Workday).
- Answer queries about payment, purchase order and requisition statuses.
- Field queries on the travel & expenses process and help HQ staff input their expenses in our system.
- Help to manage corporate card reporting and any questions pertaining to the process of obtaining a corporate card, unblocking a card or raising credit limits on an ad hoc basis.
- Organise calendars, occasional team events and administrative work for the Director of Finance and other Finance managers
- Organise travel and expense entry for the Director of Finance and other Finance managers.
Hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday-Friday.
Training and future prospects
Business Administration Advanced Standard level 3 training with WhiteHat.
- A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role.
- A higher level apprenticeship available following successful completion of the initial apprenticeship, with WhiteHat.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and prioritise an ever-changing workload
- Passion and understanding for WeWork’s mission and values
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude.
- Passion for entrepreneurial communities.
- Be calm under pressure, able to manage time and competing priorities.
- Be confident with technology.
- Be well organised, methodical, flexible and adaptable to changing needs.
- Think creatively and innovatively about how to do things better.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.