We are looking for a confident and ambitious individual to join our busy Finance team as a Trainee Accounts Assistant, with the view to complete an Apprenticeship to develop their skills to become an experienced Accounts Assistant. You will report to the Senior Accounts Assistant, who in turn provides full support to the Financial Controller.
Spectrecom Films produces award-winning films, TV commercials, corporate, charity and branded content for some of the world’s leading brands and biggest digital agencies. Based out of our large Kennington office & studios we run three in-house studio stages, a production company and multiple postproduction suites.
Training on the Accounting advanced level Standard, 15 months, with WhiteHat. A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role.
We as a company take our corporate responsibility seriously; we have won awards for our environmental credentials and are actively engaged in local community work.
- With over 60 filmmakers, producers, creatives and account managers, Spectrecom is a fast-paced, exciting place to work for people wanting professional growth in the creative sector. We have a track record of nurturing talent, taking them from intern or apprentice positions all the way to senior and even board-level staff members.
- There are a lot of career-defining opportunities for individuals with the right attitude, attention to detail and passion for making an impactful film and digital content.
Location: near Kennington and Oval underground stations, London.
Full job description (including responsibilities):
Training is both on-going and comprehensive, you will have support and on the job training from the employer. During your training, you will be expected to develop an understanding of the business and the practical accounting skills involved in helping to run the Finance Function for a busy creative company. Both practical and theoretical training will be undertaken, with an aim to becoming a member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
- Go through the daily post
- Data input
- Staff expenses
- Process daily payments
- Bank runs if required
- Credit Control
- Account Reconciliations
- Faxing, photocopying, scanning and filing
- Making and receiving telephone calls
- Assistance with Month End
- Ad hoc tasks
Working hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday-Friday. Salary is £10,000 - 15,000 per year, depending on experience.
- Three A-Levels at grades A*-C (or 240 UCAS points) are preferred.
- GCSE Mathematics grade C-A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Sage systems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Accurate typing and/or data entry skills
- Hard working
- Good attention to Detail
*You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.