We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is an Accounts Admin Apprentice role at Warner Chappell Music Group.
You will be given the opportunity to learn from a wide range of experienced industry professionals and to get your hands dirty whilst learning from the best! You will be a critical member of the team, providing support across a variety of daily tasks. We like to think this experience is a good warm up to working life after university.
Warner/Chappell Music, the global music publishing company of Warner Music Group, is home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalogue of contemporary hits and influential standards. With a history dating back more than 200 years, Warner Chappell currently publishes and administers music from Barry Gibb, Beyoncé, Eric Clapton, Nate Ruess, Green Day, Jay Z, Katy Perry, Kendrick Lamar, Led Zeppelin, Lukas Graham, Madonna, Muse, Radiohead, Rihanna, Steve Aoki and Tove Lo, among many others!
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English,
- B grade at Maths GCSE (all accounting role).
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Location: near High Street Kensington Station, London.
"At Warner Music we are committed to developing new talent and are passionate about providing opportunities which allow you to experience first-hand what it’s like to work at one of the most dynamic and forward thinking music companies in the world. We are seeking those who are as passionate as we are about a career in the music business, whether that’s promoting current superstars, developing exciting new acts, or working within one of our shared services which are the backbone of our business."
How you’ll spend your days:
- Raise cheques and set up electronic payments as and when required, ensuring complete and accurate records of all transactions are maintained
- Process purchase invoices, ensuring costs are allocated correctly
- Collate bank cheques received and allocate receipts to appropriate accounts
- Update daily cash receipts and payments cashbook and enter cash transactions into finance system
- Issue petty cash as and when required and maintain required control procedures
- Open post and process/distribute accordingly
- Maintain up-to-date management reports
- Ad-hoc project work as and when required.
9 am to 6 pm, Monday-Friday.
Training and future prospects
Assistant Accountant Standard.
As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness, grit.
- A passion for music and a strong desire to learn about the music publishing industry.
- Great organisational skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- First class communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships.
- Confidence in using Microsoft Excel (experience of intermediate formulas e.g. VLOOKUP, SUMIF, IFERROR is a plus but not required).
- A team player who is happy to ‘muck in’ – no task is too big or small.