We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is an Audit Assistant Apprentice role at Buzzacott.
Buzzacott is looking for two audit assistants for the charity team and the corporate team to act as a trainee auditor in the Charity Team, working with a wide range of not-for-profit organisations, including charities and educational organisations.
At Buzzacott we define ourselves by the needs of our clients. These needs range from those of nuns to those of hedge fund managers. The relationships we build are both personal and enduring. They are founded on continuity of personnel, ease of access and a depth of specialist knowledge that in certain key areas leads the industry.
You will be on an advanced level 3 Accounting apprenticeship, progressing to a higher level upon completion with Buzzacott, five years total.
Excellent GCSE’s with a minimum of a B grade in English and Maths, or equivalent A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points (300 using the old tariff). Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
Location: nearest station is St Pauls underground, London.
- To carry out all audit work, in compliance with the firm and statutory procedures.
- To prepare accounts, including consolidated accounts, from accounting records.
- To provide general accounting services and assistance to clients in the preparation of accounts, for example preparing working papers.
- To recommend improvements to the clients’ accounting systems and controls and assisting clients whenever needed.
- To complete ad hoc advisory services to the firm’s not-for-profit sector clients as the need arises.
- To provide technical support to the Charity team and its clients in investigating defined issues in liaison with seniors and managers of the team.
- To assist in the administration of the Charity team as and when requested and when time allows.
Hours are 9 am - 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
Start Date: July/August 2018
- Buzzacott is committed to an active equal opportunities policy from recruitment and selection through to appraisals and promotion. All decisions relating to employment practice will be objective, free from bias and based solely on individual merit.
- Good command of the English Language (oral and written)
- Able to prioritise workload and be self-sufficient
- Be a multi-tasker
- Displays ethical judgement
* You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.