What we do
- We connect everyone working in the police and law enforcement to understand their challenges.
- We use evidence-based knowledge in everything we develop.
- We help police officers and staff; researchers, academics and learning providers; the international policing community; and the public.
- We give a voice to professional policing on standards, skills and capabilities.
About 600 people work for the College of Policing across England and Wales. This includes seconded officers and staff from forces. We also have a network of associates that partner with us as trainers, coaches, assessors, designers, invigilators and expert witnesses.
Careers at the College
As the professional body for policing, the College of Policing sets high professional standards to help forces cut crime and protect the public. We are here to give everyone in policing the tools, skills and knowledge they need to succeed. We provide practical and common-sense approaches based on evidence of what works.
The College can offer you:
- a wide range of interesting and rewarding careers
- the chance to make a real difference to people working in policing and the public
- a good package of employee benefits
- many development opportunities
The College is certified in the Disability Confident scheme and is committed to ensuring that all recruitment processes are inclusive and accessible.