A career with Lockheed Martin means not only a competitive salary and benefits package, but also includes inspiring career development opportunities, a real commitment to work/life balance and a working environment that truly supports your ability to excel. In addition to our corporate office in Central London, our four different business areas operate across 16 key sites across the UK from Cornwall in the south west of England to Glasgow in the west of Scotland.
We recognise that our success as a business depends entirely on the talent, skills and expertise of our people and their ability to function as a tightly integrated team. We are at the forefront of innovation and engineering performance is at the centre of everything we do.
An apprentice at Lockheed Martin UK will get hands-on experience at an innovative company that is driven by a sense of purpose and a passion for innovation to shape the future and solve some of the world’s most pressing problems. Working as part of a dynamic team, the focus is on providing smart solutions whilst creatively solving problems for our customers
Employees from a number of Lockheed Martin business areas provide guidance, technical knowledge and ongoing support for apprentices while they transition into the workplace. Our apprentice programme helps us attract and secure the workforce of tomorrow and is an important element of ensuring specialised skills and innovative capabilities are retained for the future.
How to Apply for an Apprenticeship
We are looking for people who are keen to learn with an aspiration to work for Lockheed Martin. When applying for an Apprenticeship you will have to meet the minimum educational requirements of the course which will be detailed in the advert.
- Review our Apprenticeship opportunities by searching for Apprenticeship positions.
- Upload your C.V and complete the required Coversheet and submit.
- Your application is then assessed against academic criteria and checked to make sure it contains all required information.
- If your application is then selected and successful, you will be invited to an assessment day or interview at one of our UK facilities.
- The assessment day may include presentations from the business, interviews, tours, group activities and presenting.
- If selected from the assessment day you will receive a written offer to join the Lockheed Martin team and your on boarding process will start from here.
- To help keep you feel connected we will regularly update you with current early careers activities between the offer and your start date
Please note that the majority of the positions posted require HM Government security clearance, please refer to individual job specifications for requirements. In order to apply for a position requiring security clearance the applicant must meet the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting criteria.